Thursday, November 27, 2014

When I Don’t Feel Thankful….


….. Oftentimes, when things are not going right, the last thing on my mind is to be thankful …I’m sure you all can relate…However, the good book advice otherwise,…. it says “ In ALL things give thanks”  …..

As we all know, life is full of ups and downs and we have different coping mechanisms…. ..When I feel overwhelmed with stuff going on around, I just go quiet , sometimes close my eyes and go to one of the “happy places” in my head…*don’t look at me like I’m weird....I know you do it too…LOL. ..And you know what?……Most times, I feel calm…Then I’m able to think happy thoughts…..I think about all  things that are going right… about little things that don’t make the “headlines”.
I want to use this opportunity to express my gratitude for :
  • Waking up this morning, feeling rested for the first time in a long while…
  • Getting a text from an old friend….who was just saying hello..
  • The new recipe I tried that turned out well the 1st time…yummy!
  • Making it to church early…(I figure if I can make to work early, why not to church)
  • When I got the top  I have being eyeing at Macy’s for 50% less than the original price..yay!
  • When the discrepancies on my credit card account was resolved by my bank…(someone or some people have been using my credit card to make online purchases, imagine?!)
  • The price of gas that is still below $3/gallon..It was $2.50/gallon today…yay!
  • Being able to do long walks ..(been trying to get an exercise routine going for a while)
  • Being able to do the “5 servings of fruits and vegetables”…(didn’t get it right the first many times)
  • Finding a parking spot close to the entrance of the store…(It was pouring and i didn’t have an umbrella,you see)
  • Getting a hairstyle that fits my face…ladies, sure you can relate..
  • …And for you dear friend reading this blog…:)


No comments: