Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Dubai Mall and Mall of Emirate

Hey y’all, This is a continuation of my earlier post here about my visit to Dubai..Because shopping is one of my hobbies,I made sure I visited the 2 most prominent malls in Dubai-The Mall of Emirates and The Dubai Mall.The latter has more to offer in terms of sight-seeing and size. There is so much to see..my goodness…I didn’t get to see half of both malls because of time constraint….However,Hasta la vista,baby! *wink*


One of the many sides of the Mall of Emirates.I got this view because it is close to the hotel my friend stayed.

This is the entrance to the Dubai Mall from the Metro Station….It’s a bit of a trek from when you get off the train to the Mall….We definitely got a good work out :)
A view of the Dubai Mall from the 3rd floor..

This is one of the attractions at the Dubai mall- The DubaiDino . We were told it’s called Diplodocus longs,dated back to 155-150 ill ion years ago, discovered in Wyoming USA in 2008.
The entrance to the Aquarium and Underwater zoo at the Dubai Mall.
The large fish tank (part of the aquarium ) that can be seen from the ground floor , the 1st and second of the mall . It is said to be the largest suspended aquarium in the world.
                                         

This is a part of  hallway on the lower ground floor of the mall that leads to the food court and the entrance to the Fountain and Burj Khalifa.The decor and setting is made to look  like a market place, with the lightings on the ceiling and kiosks in the hallway.

This is the Waterfall at the Dubai Mall.It runs through the entire height of the mall on the west side,I think. It is beauty to behold. It has art sculptures of human divers descending the waterfall. Below is better photo of the waterfall I got from the internet.



This is the singing/dancing fountain at the Dubai Mall…I first saw a video of it on YouTube and I was blown away…The fountain is on the Burj khalifa lake, shoots water up as high as 500ft, dances in sync to classical and Arabian music….It was Andrea Bocelli’s Con Te Partiro that was played while we were  there….It is a beautiful 3 minutes experience…(Please ignore the background comments and noise in the background :)

No comments: