Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Dubai!!

…Visiting Dubai have been on my wish list for sometime now and I finally made the trip with my husband this month….Yippee!!….I have been intrigued by the stories I have heard/read from friends,blogs ( like sisiyemmie.com who posted photos about her honeymoon there recently) , photos I’ve seen about the sights and of course …shopping!!…You see, shopping(window, online, actual etc) is therapeutic for me :)…….
Even though the visit was short ( about 5 days),it was all worth it…The best part was sharing the experience with my husband, Gloria ( my childhood friend and ‘Deolu (my brother from another parent), who I was meeting in person for the first time ( that’s story for another day), he has a blog as well ,9jaboyblog.com.
We had a packed 4-day trip-(sight-seeing,shopping,hanging out)-that cannot fit into one post.I will have to give you the gist in “batches”….hehehehe….so watch this space.:)…..


This the entrance to our Hotel-Jumeirah Zabeel Saray-located on the west crescent of the Palm Jumeirah. The architecture is modeled after the Ottoman palaces.
                                               
       
We were welcomed to our room with this “display” on our bed. We indicted that we were in Dubai to celebrate our anniversary and birthdays… that was really thoughtful of them to do that(good customer service)…They also added 2 pieces of chocolate cake…yummy (photos below)

      


Our first morning, we decided to check out the rest of the resort before heading out….. This is the beach behind the hotel shared by other hotels and resorts on the Palm Jumeirah.
                                               
The beach is not very deep from what I see(didn’t venture too far from the brink though….hehehehe).It  has a little bit of water creatures like fish,sting rays.We were told to be careful not to get stung by sting rays….The famous Atlantis Resort can be seen from the back of our hotel.(far off towards the right in this photo)
                                             


The path leading to one of  the back entrances to the hotel…....I love the tropical touch with the palm trees,flowers,foliage, and all..
                                       
The view from the front of the hotel….overlooking the  Persian/Arabian Gulf and part of city of Dubai skyline.


We went on a Dhow(an Arab boat that is low in the front,high in the back,usually shaped like triangles)cruise on our second night there. The cruise was on the creek within Dubai city limit. Dhow in arabic means mule.


There were other Dhow boats with tourists sailing at the same time. The usual activities on the cruise are music, entertainment by belly dancers and other artists,buffet dinner. we had an entertainer who did a few arabic dances and acrobats.He picked Gloria(my friend) as one of his volunteers for the Arabic dance…It was hilarious(would have shared the video,but she(Gloria) has not given me permission yet)


One of the high-light of my visit was getting a Thai massage (deep tissue massage) …The masseur was really good at it……the session lasted for 60minutes…and boy,by the time I was done,the only thing I wanted to do was go to bed.




Residential apartments close to the Palm Jumeirah.









No comments: