Thursday, May 22, 2014

..The "Me" time…..


Today (May 22nd 2014) is the 1st day and 1st time I'm blogging…yay!!….You see,I have always wanted to blog…but never gotten around to doing it, because (a) Been busy with taking care of the family (still am…..that's a lifetime "hobby"..lol) (b)I'm lazy (…shhh!!….top secret…lol!) ( c) I'm worried that I might not follow through with it….(Oh well, I have come to realize that " Nothing ventured,Nothing gained)….So here's to "overcoming phobias' :). ..Hope we can make this "journey" memorable and fun…..
I enjoy reading blogs mostly on Entertainment, Inspiration, Health, Motherhood, Fashion, News, etc…They are my "guilty pleasures", they have become essentially part of my "ME TIME"…:)

Just around the turn of the year,I decided to go all out with "taking care of myself"…..did a little bit of research and came up with some findings like (a) Good, restful sleep is almost as important as the air we breath (b) It is really true that we are what we eat  ( c) A positive attitude is really the prerequisite for "beauty from within".

Here are somethings I consider and considering as  part of a "Me time" routine; (1) Just doing and thinking "nothing"

(2) Sleeping in on a Saturday morning
(3) Spa, spa, spa
(4) Reading a good book
(5) Window shopping
(6) Hanging out with the girls!….woot, woot!
(7)….What's yours?…please,share…..:)

I love the lyrics of the song "Me time" by Heather Headley, especially the chorus " I need some me time,Not some you and some I,Just some me time, oh,I need some she time,Not some him and some her,Just a little bit of free time, oh,I wanna run with my girls,Hit the club, hit the mall

Get my nails and hair done,Spend a day at the spa,Boy you ain't gotta worry,There ain't nothin' goin' on,I need some me time,And that's all, and that's all.




2 comments:

ThatGirl said...

Nice blog. Came here through Sisi Yemmies blog. Keep writing :)

Kemi Sho said...

Awwwww…. Thanks ThatGirl….I really do need the encouragement…:)