Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Weird Beauty Tips



Hello Beautiful!
These are some beauty tips I have tried that I think you will find useful and you won't break the bank!…


Diaper rash cream

I sometimes use my baby's diaper rash cream on my knees and elbows during the harsh winter months :).Diaper rash cream are great for treating dry skin condition. Their main ingredient is Zinc Oxide, which have intense moisturizing properties and anti-inflammatory ingredients that help to treat cracked feet. When applied to the rough skin of the elbows it helps to soften them.

Coffee grounds

My sister taught me this: Get a packet of instant coffee ground- it doesn't have to be the pricey brand. Take a handful of the coffee ground, add a squirt of your usual liquid bath soap, add a teaspoon of water,mix thoroughly, then apply to face and neck area to exfoliate. It works wonders! Your skin will feel soft and clean. It is recommended to use it 2 to 3 times week.

Petroleum Jelly

I got this from sisiyemmie.com. She listed about 6 uses of vaseline petroleum jelly. I have found the use of petroleum jelly as a eye make-up remover very useful. Aside from doing the job of an eye make-up remover, it also serves to moisturize the eye area which usually gets missed when applying lotion/cream to face.

Liquid antacid

Someone told me sometime ago how she used milk of magnesia as oil mattifier- just a pea size on oil prone areas on the face before applying powder or foundation. I did try it and it did work, but you have to be careful not to apply too much so as it doesn't cake.
Also,You can make a face mask out of liquid antacid. Apply liquid antacid on a clean face as a mask and keep it on for 15 minutes. Rinse with water and see the difference. Antacid breaks down oils and acids on the skin, just like it does inside your stomach.

Mayonnaise

 I do like my conditioners thick and creamy so I use mayonnaise as  the main base with other ingredients like shea-butter. It gives the hair a lot of moisture. Whip some mayonnaise plus an egg-yolk and some melted shea-butter . Shampoo you hair and then apply some mayo-conditioner on your partially wet hair. Keep it on for at least 10 minutes. Wash it off with water. Your hair will feel softer and look silkier after this mayonnaise treatment.

Raw potato
Worried about puffy eyes after staying awake late into the night? Raw potato slices will help. Just cut two thick slices and place them on your eyelids. Keep them on for 15 minutes. This will help to reduce eye puffiness

Tea Tree Oil
For acne scars and spots, mix a teaspoon of tea-tree oil with 2 table spoonfuls of witch hazel toner. apply with cotton swabs to cleansed affected area twice a day.




No comments: